Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christmas is Around the Corner


I'm going to take a break from blogging for a few months as I enter my final three week taper for the Steamtown Marathon (October 11) and continue coaching with the Nashua PAL school program (check out our exciting team blog here: http://ledgestreetxc.blogspot.com/ ) and later with our Granite State Flash Junior Olympic program from late October thru mid-December. http://www.granitestateflash.com/ Oh yeah, and I also work.

Something had to give and unfortunately it will be this blog for a few short months. I should be back around Christmas as we begin getting ready for Boston 2010.

I leave you with the Santa Claus statute standing in the woods of my favorite running course in Mont Vernon. I'm not sure but I believe this was purchased from the old Edaville Railroad in Carver, Mass. after it closed in 1991. The park was later re-opened in the late 1990's as a heritage theme park. Don't ask me how it made its way from Massachusetts to its current place in the woods of New Hampshire or how it has remained standing for so many years but it was great having Santa waving at me as my only fan on many a long run.

Newer Post Older Post Home